I’m super excited to share my experience of using Olio Lusso face oil by Rodin for the past six months.
I really tried to stick it out and use the entire bottle before doing a review this time around! Honestly though, it was really easy with Rodin’s face oil because it’s such a great product. Over the last few years I’ve tried many different face oils ranging from Dr. Dennis Gross’ Vitamin D Serum-Oil, to Clarins’ Lotus Face Treatment Oil, and now to Boscia’s Tsubaki Beauty Oil following my completion of Olio Lusso by Rodin. Out of these four, Olio Lusso is by far my favorite.
“RODIN olio lusso face oil is the perfect potion that people can’t stop talking about. Olio lusso is made from a blend of 11 essential oils derived from flowers and botanicals. Creator, Linda Rodin, spent over a year making the elixir to satisfy her own beauty needs; the outcome is nothing short of wonderful! Applied morning and night, olio lusso is perfect for anyone seeking hydrated skin, and a luminous complexion.” (source)
The 11 essential oils (I only see 10):
- Neroli Oil - produced from the flowers of the bitter orange tree, it improves elasticity, softens wrinkles, restores radiance, and smells amazing.
- Sunflower Oil - produced from sunflower seeds, it promotes softness and smoothness by moisturizing the skin.
- Calendula flower oil - produced from Marigold flowers, it has antiseptic, anti-bacerial, and anti-fungal properties, and protects the skin against free radicals.
- Arnica Montana flower extract - produced from the flowers of the Arnica plant, it reduces the puffiness and swelling of skin.
- Rosehip Oil - helps delay skin aging, promotes cell regeneration, promotes collagen and elastin production, prevents skin pigmentation, and protects against sun damage.
- Sweet Almond oil - extracted from dried kernels of the almond tree, it softens and soothes skin with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, E, and minerals, fatty acids, and proteins.
- Evening Primrose Oil - extracted from the bark and root of the flower, it promotes youthful looking skin with gamma-linolenic acid (essential fatty acid).
- Jojoba - derived from the jojoba bean, it promotes soft and supple skin with vitamin E and antioxidants.
- Apricot - extracted from apricot seeds, it promotes skin elasticity, clarity, and suppleness with oleic and linoleic acids, and vitamins A and E.
- Jasmine - extracted from jasmine flowers, it’s great both for skin softening but also for its aromatherapeutic properties.
Directions for Use
“Apply a few drops of RODIN olio lusso on a clean, moist face morning and night.” (source)
After washing and toning my face, I drop three drops of the Olio Lusso face oil into the palm of my hand. I then rub my hands together to both warm the oil as well as spread it evenly among both palms. Then I pat the oil onto my face with both palms and the remaining onto my neck. After the oil has some time to absorb I then continue with the rest of my moisturizing routine.
Pros and Cons
- SMELLS AMAZING - absolutely the best part of my face moisturizing routine morning and night
- Creates a glowing complexion
- Long lasting moisture
- Helped with hyperpigmentation
- Not greasy feeling at all
- Pricey for the amount of product - $150 for 1 fl oz ($113.93 on Amazon)
Overall Grade = A
By far the best face oil I have tried! If you’re considering this product among other options, stop wasting time and brain power, just go with Olio Lusso.
I think I might cave half way through the Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil and order another Olio Lusso by Rodin…I miss the smell so much when I’m getting ready.
I hope this makes the face oil purchasing decision easier for some of you!