Law School finals are no joke, almost died in the process but luckily I made it out in one piece.
Before the last week of classes though I got to have an amazing meal with friends for by birthday at this Italian restaurant in Pasadena called Mi Piace. Their food was AMAZING. This is a piece of a raspberry mousse cake that I devoured for my birthday!
Here’s my makeup look for that day, I’ve been really into brighter rosier blush lately and MAC creme blushes really do the trick! I’m wearing MAC’s Tickle Me Pink in this picture, and a neon yellow chiffon shirt from NastyGal.
Anyway, since finals are over, I can finally get back to doing what I love most ~ Blogging!!!!
I’ve been reflecting on my life a lot lately seeing as I was holed up in my apartment studying my ass off like some kind of new age hermit. I don’t know when life decisions started to get so serious but I wish I could go back to being 15 again, when my “serious” issues didn’t amount to much more than whether or not the guy I liked, liked me back, and hoping my boobs would grow bigger already. Insignificant as they might seem now, back then I wanted to grow up so fast I didn’t really get to have much of a childhood. So I’ve been thinking about what kind of advice I would’ve given 15 year old me to give her some perspective…
1. First of all, stop worrying about whether or not that stupid boy likes you. He doesn’t deserve you. On a side note, he does like you so stop freaking out about it and just tell him how you feel.
2. Spend as much time with your friends as possible, high school only lasts 4 years even though it may seem like an eternity right now.
3. Don’t be so serious all the time, smile more and have fun. No your face is not naturally in the shape of a frown stop using that as an excuse to not smile.
4. Pursue your passions, you love art so much why don’t you try and make it into more than just a hobby? Don’t worry about what your parents might say, even though they have expectations for you, at the end of the day they just want you to live a happy and healthy life.
5. STOP WEARING HOLLISTER
6. Love yourself no matter what, I know sometimes it’s hard because you’re shaped like a long bean pole and weigh all of 90 pounds but you’ll fill out in college, stop comparing yourself to other girls.
7. Spend more time with your parents, they can be super annoying sometimes but you won’t see them much after high school because they’re both essentially moving their lives to China.
8. Most of all just be a kid, not 15 going on 25…don’t worry about things that are way beyond your years. There is plenty of time in the future for you to deal with serious life decisions, don’t dwell on them just yet.
I’m excited about getting back into blogging, I have a ton of backlogged ideas for posts and I’m going to start doing fashion posts so definitely be on the lookout!!
I hope everyone is having a great week!!
~ Deb ~