I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm so I was excited to try it out myself! You can get it at Ulta for $3.99, and it’s buy two get one free!
Here are the claims that Maybelline makes with this product:
“No more basic lip balm:
• Visibly renewed lips and 8-hr hydration
• The secret: Exclusive lip renew formula with SPF 20
• Protects and moisturizes lips for a full 8 hours
• After 4 weeks, lips are visibly renewed and reborn
• 6 varieties”
- Great size! It’s a pretty large tube of lip balm so it’ll last a long time.
- The smell is amazing! It reminds me of the smell of a cherry jolly rancher.
- Creamy and moisturizing. When you first apply it it’s super creamy and smooth! Makes my lips feel super soft.
- The color is flattering. It’s definitely not as red as it looks in the tube. It’s a really subtle and pretty pigmented red.
- It has spf 20 in it! I’m all about the sun protection so this is great! A no brainer.
- Not very long lasting: I noticed that my lips were dry again after an hour (and their claim is 8…)
- I like the initial cherry smell but it goes away gradually and the only smell that’s left is the usual cosmetic smell…I don’t know if you know what I’m talking about but a lot of lip products smell like it…
- The packaging is kind of flimsy, I wouldn’t just throw it in a bag with everything else because the top might fall off.
I give this product an 8 out of 10. It’s really a lot of bang for your buck. Compared to products of the same price, I think this is the best drugstore lip balm I’ve tried in a long time. Definitely give it a shot! It would be a great stocking stuffer for Christmas as well!!
Hope this helps!
~ Deb ~